A marine paradise in the Ningaloo region of Australia, Coral Bay is one of WA’s (Western Australia’s) favourite holiday spots. With beautiful coral gardens just metres from the pristine white beaches of this tiny, laidback seaside town, it’s a nature lover’s dream.
It’s just a two hour flight from Perth to Exmouth and then an hour and a half drive to reach Coral Bay. Here you’ll discover a host of land and sea adventures to suit everyone, and with beach weather all year round it’s a favourite for travellers young and old.
Coral Bay attractions
- Grab your snorkelling gear, step off the beach and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Ningaloo’s coral gardens.
- You can experience some of the best game fishing in Australia from Coral Bay in WA. Just cast a line from the designated beaches or join a deep sea bottom fishing or light game fishing tour.
- Swim with the whale sharks from March to June, or with the majestic manta rays all year round.
- Check out the reef shark nursery, just a 20 minute walk from Main Beach. From October to March as many as 200 reef sharks lurk in the shallow waters.
- Head down to Main Beach at 3.30pm and feed the schools of norwest snapper that swim into shore at this time every day.
- Visit in March or April and you might be lucky enough to witness the annual coral spawning.
Coral Bay tours
- Join a Coral Bay whale shark tour. These gentle giants of the ocean visit the Coral Bay region of Australia every year from March to June.
- Encounter other inhabitants of Coral Bay and WA’s Ningaloo Reef by joining one of the many guided tours.
- Go whale watching (in season), swim with manta rays or spot dugongs and sea turtles.
- View vibrant coral and marine creatures of the Ningaloo Reef from the comfort of a glass-bottom boat or sea kayak.
- Experience the thrill of a quad biking tour or a four wheel drive safari – a great way to explore Coral Bay’s beaches and encounter the wildlife of WA.
- Take a scenic flight and see the coast and reef in all their glory from the air.